Wednesday, July 27, 2016

PADI Open Water Dive Course

Hello bloggers/readers!

I am back to share a little about my little adventure in my hometown Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Being so close to the ocean and beautiful islands, taking a diving license is merely a foot step away. Just like every other home girl, I have taken this for granted for 17 years of saying yes I will do it but never did. Giving myself excuses like "Hey, there is always next time." Finally, on 17th July 2016, I took the step and paid for it which by all means I have to finish the course or I will lose my money.

With that being said, it turned into the best 3 days of my life. Diving is definitely different from skin diving/free dive. Which I do so often. Diving is literally breathing under water and 45 minutes underwater feels like 5 minutes. I dare not say that I love diving more than free-diving or vice-versa because the experience from either are two separate experiences. But rest assure, diving is for the brave of heart.

I say breach the fear of deep waters, experience the life beneath and its nothing but pure bliss!

WHERE TO GET YOUR LICENSE IN KK

Scuba Junkie Wisma Sabah
RM 1030 (ALL INCLUSIVE + LUNCH FOR 2 DAY DIVE)
*its definitely cheaper that any other trip advisor scuba company, they are generally at the price of RM1200
*book a day earlier, Scuba Junkie get fully booked real fast

WHAT TO BRING

  • Towels
  • Extra clothes
  • Sunscreen
  • Motion sickness pills (if you have)
  • Basic essentials

WHAT TO DO
  • Have loads of courage
  • Remember to keep breathing (especially if you are so used to skin-dive like me)
  • Do NOT panic
  • Try and stay calm
  • Trust your instructor
  • Enjoy!
  • Ask loads of questions 

WHAT TO EXPECT IN A 3 DAY COURSE

Day 1
Watching videos on Scuba Diving (5 sections)
Knowledge Review
Final Exam (Paper)- General questions that you will learn from DVD

Day 2
Water confinement (10 min water float without equipment)
Dive with equipment on shallow water (Dive skills as instructed by instructor)


Day 3
Water confinement (200M swim without equipment)
Dive deep water (Dive skills as instructed by instructor)
Hopefully pass and get your license!


Go get your license soon! Its definitely bucket list checked for me!
Here are some pictures!





Dive instructor


my buddy, my instructor



Hi Nemo



Prawny touched me






Breath and keep breathing!

xxx
xoxo
Amberstories



No comments:

Post a Comment